OUR FEATURED PROJECTS
Faculty of Healing – Care and Support Services to Families Project ( CSSF)
The main Objective of the project is the preservation of families and the well-being of its family members
Belhar-Delft Youth Cafe
seeks to EMPOWER, INSPIRE and AMPLIFY young people by providing them with a platform where they can access skills, self-development training, economic and social development opportunities, and creative spaces where they are able to express themselves at a local and global scale.
Faculty of Healing – CSSF Project
Belhar-Delft Youth Cafe
School of Empowerment:AFICA’s (SOEAFRICA) project to children and families are in line with the strategies in the National Development Plan 2030 and the policies of the Department of Social Development, which are to:
- Promote and strengthen healthy family life.
- Contribute towards all families, vulnerable children and the youth’s sense of safety.
- Enhance a sense of community, social cohesion and social inclusion.
- Alleviate poverty.
- Enhance family members’ opportunities to enter the job market.
- Provide an infrastructure for child protection.
- Mitigate risk factors in families through collaboration with internal and external service providers.
SOEAFRICA delivers a continuum of services to protect children and strengthen family life. These services include Prevention and Early Intervention Services
What can a young person expect to find at the Delft Youth Café?
- A vibrant, welcoming, positive and affirming environment.
- An environment of high aspirations for, and expectations of, young people.
- Well planned, specially designed programmes and activities that are presented by skilled, confident, and empathetic staff who build trusting relationships with young people.
- A ‘deliberate learning environment’ for staff and participants.
- Maximised opportunities for learning and growth, and meaningful involvement of young people in choosing and designing activities.
- Emotional and moral support, physical and psychological safety.
- The Building of strong links between young people, their families, communities and broader community resources.
SOEAFRICA delivers a continum of services to The project focuses on three categories of young people targeting 180 total number of young people. These Services, Opportunities and Support include Prevention and Early Intervention in :
LIFE SKILL & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
is a lifelong process. It is a way for people to assess their skills and qualities, consider their aims in life and set goals in order to realise and maximise their potential..
MENTORING & COACHING
Mentoring is often one component of our programme that involves other elements, such as tutoring or life skills training and coaching. The supportive, healthy relationships formed between mentors and mentees are both immediate and long-term and contribute to a host of benefits for mentors and mentees.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP & LEADERSHIP TRAININGs
Is to equip these Delft Youth with innovative skills and deepen their engagement in the process of shaping the country’s entrepreneurship and leadership path way. It seeks to contribute to the reduction of youth unemployment and create sustainable livelihood opportunities for young people in Delft community
Partnerships towards offering accredited formal training and job preparedness, specifically those Not in Employment, Not in Education and Not in Training (NEETs)
Accredited computer skills training
we have partnered with Microsoft and www.schoolio.co
Delft Kids Tennis Club
OUR THEORY OF CHANGE
SOEAFRICA is working to create opportunities for children and youth, their families and communities through our sustainable child-focused, community-based development programs such as Delft Tennis Club where children are impacted by violence, drug abuse, poverty and global health issues.
We have developed a clear rationale for what we do in our sport for development programs. Our approach if focused on how change for children is driven at three levels: players, Volunteer Coaches and Facilitators and communities:
Young players complete integrated tennis and life skills learning modules to improve their leadership and life skills, sports skills, attitudes and behaviours in a safe and structured way. Playing as part of a team provides disadvantaged children with access to an expanded support network. Players can carry their learnings back to their communities, and become future coaches in the program.
- VOLUNTEER COACHES & FACILITATORS
Volunteer Coaches and Facilitators are supported to deliver tennis and life skills activities to children in the Delft community. These Volunteer Coaches and Facilitators have increased resilience, confidence, vision, voice and the ability to drive positive change and promote learning in the Delft community. They become active citizens promoting positive social change.
Community members, including parents and caregivers, allow their children to participate in Delft kids Tennis Club and over time place an increased value on young people’s participation in structured sport. This, in turn, allows parents and caregivers to place an increased value on their children’s participation in activities contributing to positive social change.
Kindly also visit the link below to donate from the list of items :
I’m AN VOLUNTEER
There are lots of ways in which you can join with us in the work of School of Empowerment: AFRICA and we are always encouraged when God prompts someone to support us – whether it is in prayer, practical commitment or with financial gifts. Here are some ways that you can help…